There are many conditions that Back On Track Podiatry treats, and they include the following:
- some of which are explained further via a link (blue underline)...
♦ Arch Pain (see below)
♦ Hip Pain
♦ Painful Corns and Calluses
♦ Rheumatoid Arthritis Feet
• A computer / sensor plate gait analysis system and treadmill is used at the clinic to assist in the diagnosis and education to the patient of their foot / leg pain and running / sports related injury.
♦ ORTHOTIC THERAPY (link) :
- Orthotic therapy may be used to treat some of the above conditions. There are various types of orthotics to suit various lifestyle factors / conditions (i.e. Rheumatoid Arthritis), body type (i.e. weight), sporting activity (i.e. running) and footwear (i.e. women's court style shoes).
- With the above in mind, orthotics thus can come in varying widths, lengths & thickness to suit the individual's requirements.
- I believe the orthotic should have adequate flexion for the individual, as the foot was naturally designed to flex whilst walking and running. In other words, orthotics should not be rigid devices which block the foot with limited motion. Motion (i.e. pronation) is needed to some degree as a natural means to absorb shock / forces & adapt to the terrain.
• My objective behind orthotic therapy is to reduce the degree of adverse structural movement which will subsequently reduce the degree of adverse forces directed to various parts of the body (i.e. a tendon) subsequently limiting a causative factor of injury... or future causative factor.